The architectonic ensemble from Biertan impresses by a harmonious matching in locality,by its esthetic and historic value and especially by the original substance preserved since the end of the 15th century and the beginning of the 16th century, characteristics which determined its inclusion on The UNESCO List of World Patrimony.
The eclesiastic and defence complex was built in 15th-16th centuries in the late Gothic style,with specific Renaissance elements.
For 300 years Biertan was chosen as the residence of the Evangelic Diocese (1572-1867)
The main edifice of the ensemble is a hall-church with three naves,with arches disposed in a network,built between 1492 - 1516 on the place of another old church, in the late Gothic style,with elements from the Renaissance arhitecture at some portals.
Inside the church the late Gothic shrine, in the form of a triptych was realized in more stages between 1515-1524.
The pews are made between 1514-1523 by Reychmut from Sighisoara and are ones of